PERSONAL DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
AEON CO. (M) BHD. (126926-H) (“AEON”) respects and values the privacy of individuals with regards to personal data and strive to protect the same in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”).
As part of AEON’s efforts to protect your personal data, this Personal Data Privacy Notice is formulated in accordance with the Act. For the purpose of this Personal Data Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as ascribed in the Act.
This Personal Data Privacy Notice applies to any person whose Personal Data is processed by AEON including but not limited to AEON’s customers, employees, suppliers and tenants.
- This Personal Data Notice serves to inform you how your Personal Data is being processed by and/or on behalf of AEON.
- The Personal Data processed by AEON may include your name, contact details, date of birth, email address and any other personal data required for the purposes set out in the paragraph below.
- Your Personal Data may be collected from various sources, including but not limited to information you have provided to AEON, information from third parties and information in the public domain.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
AEON may collect, retain and use your Personal Data for among others the following purposes (“the Purposes”) :
- providing you with services under any AEON's businesses;
- processing your application under any AEON's programmes;
- providing you with ongoing information about events and programmes, AEON’s products, services, special offers, new products, updates and promotions;
- conducting research, develop and improve our events, programmes, products and services including but not limited to historical and statistical record keeping purposes;
- discharging AEON’s contractual obligations;
- creating directories, databases or information technology system for AEON’s internal and retail business operation;
- resolving concerns and complaints;
- recruitment purposes; and
- for any other purpose that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to AEON’s internal and daily retail business operation.
AEON may disclose your Personal Data to among others, the following parties as stated below for the Purposes :-
- AEON’s parent company, subsidiaries, related and associated companies;
- AEON’s licensees, co-organisers of events, business alliances, agents and service providers (including those located overseas);
- any relevant authorities or bodies;
- auditors, professional advisories;
- to such person pursuant to the requirements of any law, if such action is necessary to
- comply with the requirement of any law enforcement agency, court order or legal process; or
- protect and defend rights or property of AEON,
- the employees from AEON’s parent company, subsidiaries, related and associated companies; and
- any other person and/or organisations which AEON may think fit.
Notwithstanding that any such persons may be outside Malaysia, your personal data is to be disclosed at the
time of its collection or for any other purposes directly related to any of the above Purposes or where such
disclosure is required or authorised by law or by the order of a court.
SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATAEfforts will be made to ensure that any Personal Data held by AEON is kept up-to-date and is protected
against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or
AEON may regularly reviewed the security measures in safe keeping your Personal Data and only
authorised staffs of AEON who have been duly trained are allowed to handle the Personal Data.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by AEON for a period AEON deems fit and necessary
for the fulfilment of the Purposes or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to
protect AEON's interests (“the Retention Period”).
Upon expiry of the Retention Period and/or after AEON cease to process your Personal Data, AEON will
take all necessary action to permanently delete and destroy your Personal Data.
RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the Act, you may request to access and/or modify and/or alter and/or update your Personal
Data, subject to the followings:
- AEON may charge an administration fee for processing your request for access; and
- AEON may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction in accordance with the Act.
- By providing AEON your Personal Data, you hereby consent to the processing of your Personal Data in accordance with all of the foregoing (“the Consent”).
- AEON may cease to process your Personal Data within a reasonable period upon receiving your written
notice pertaining to the withdrawal of the Consent.
- AEON’s website may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, such as for example by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave AEON’s website and AEON does not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left AEON’s website.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to the site, or any part of the site by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to AEON on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. AEON reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company, in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of products and services and to meet customer needs.
- AEON reserve the rights at any time to add, change, update or modify this Personal Data Privacy Notice, simply by informing such change, update or modification via mail, short message service, posting on the website and such other notifications as AEON may deemed fit. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the website.
- Please note that in the event your Personal Data is not sufficiently supplied, or is not satisfactory to AEON, your application or request to AEON for any of the Purposes may not be accepted.